Republic Waste Services of Texas, Ltd.
Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 9:00pm
Customer Service Hours
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:30pm
Saturday 8:00am – 12:00pm
Phone: (713) 726-7300
Service Collection Schedule
- Trash (Curbside) – Tuesday and Friday Weekly
- Heavy Trash (Curbside) – 2nd Friday of each Month
- Recycling – Every other Wednesday
- Service Hours – No earlier than 7:00am and no later than 6:00pm
- Service Collection Schedule (PDF)
Heavy Trash Collection – 2nd Friday of each Month
Heavy Trash/Bulk/Yard Waste Collection – 2 appliances or bulky items and 25 bags or bundles of yard waste per collection.
Acceptable Heavy Trash Items
- Household Appliances
- Refrigerators must have Freon drained and be tagged accordingly by a certified technician.
- Hot water heaters must be drained.
- Grills must be emptied of ash or briquettes. No propane tanks.
- Live Christmas trees.
- Cardboard and Packing Peanuts. Cardboard boxes must be broken down flat and placed at the curb. Packing peanuts may not be offered loose, they must be bagged. Drivers will not clean up packing peanut spills.
- Yard Waste. Bush and tree trimmings cut in lengths not to exceed 4 feet, limbs no greater than 4 inches in diameter, securely tied in bundles, not to exceed 50 lbs.
- All grass clippings and leaves must be bagged.
- No tree trunks.
The following items and materials Will NOT be accepted in Trash or Heavy Trash Collection
- Ammunition or explosives
- Chemical containers Over 5 (five) gallons
- Chemicals not in original containers
- Construction and remodeling debris
- Dead animals
- Dirt in Large Quantities
- Flammable Chemicals
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Lawn mowers
- Medical Waste
- Nuclear/Radioactive waste
- Paint/Paint Cans
- Power Steering Fluid
- Pool chemicals
- Pool filters
- Power steering fluid
- Propane tanks
- Roofing Materials
- Sheetrock or Drywall
- Steel or Cast-iron building material
- Transmission Fluid
- Tree Trunks
- Used Oil Filters
- Water softeners
Construction debris to include materials generated from construction, remodeling, tree removal or landscaping, but not limited to lumber, plywood, drywall, carpeting, and other flooring materials, tile, roofing material, sheet rock, tree stumps and soil.
Republic Services observes Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. If a Holiday falls on your trash and/or heavy trash collection day, service is provided on the next scheduled collection day.
Tuesday, June 6, 2023 at Noon
The Board generally meets on the first Tuesday of each month at noon at 1300 Post Oak Boulevard, Suite 2500, Houston, Texas.
The meeting may be accessed by members of the public for observation purposes via telephone at 1-877-304-9269 and the access code is 826495#.